A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Meeting with PFBC and Cabelas- 2/18/15
February 19, 2015
4:26 pm
Tom Sabia
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 902
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We met with Cabelas and members of the Fish Commission to address ongoing concerns with the muskie co-op at Cabelas. Some of the major goals of the meeting were production goals and tank capabilities.
Production goals-
A. Species preference-pures or tigers
Without a doubt it was determined that only pures would be used from now on.
B. Preferred number and size of fingerlings delivered
The number of muskie to be held will remain at 300. The size will be 7 inches or better. The PFBC wants to keep a consistent size of fish even if bigger or smaller fish need to be culled before delivery. Maintaining 300 fish.
C. Fingerling delivery and stocking dates
Fingerlings will be delivered in Oct. as usual and stocked in March or early April depending on water temps.

Tank capabilities-
A. Ideal water temps for the muskies and for cleaning of the tank
It was determined that the water temps would be held at 62 degrees. This is a good temp for muskie production and Diver Dan can also be nice and comfy while cleaning the tank.
B. Species composition, number and size of non-muskie species in the tank
The PFBC has offered to supply a small school of 4'' crappie for the tank. Also the catfish will not be in the tank. Some other small panfish would be acceptable.
C. Status of bait tank and live feed for muskie
This was a huge concern for Cabelas. Between the minnows for the muskie and the sale of minnows to the public, Cabelas felt that they did not have the facilities to hold enough minnows. The PFBC has generously offered to alleviate that problem and give Cabelas a tank large enough to hold a months worth of minnows. That tank would be designated for muskie minnows only.There was also talk about the PFBC possibly helping out with supplying some minnows.

This is just a quick summation of this two hour meeting. Their was a lot more that went on and I will discuss some of this at the next meeting.
The gentlemen from the PFBC that attended the meeting are really into making this work with Cabelas and also BC Baits. They are really on our side!
Cabelas commitment is ongoing and I think stronger than ever.

February 19, 2015
6:45 pm
Mike D
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1999

Great news and thanks for attending! Any explanation from Dan on all of the lost fish?

February 19, 2015
6:49 pm
blkdrs
MI50 group

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2010

This certainly is great news and I'm very impressed with the PFBC's commitment to making this work with Cabelas. Thanks for the update and attending.

"The Wrecking Crew"

February 19, 2015
7:59 pm
Archie
MI50 group

Moderators
Forum Posts: 475

Thanks, Tom. Good to hear! Appreciate you taking the time to meet them and post it.

CATCH PHOTO RELEASE
February 19, 2015
7:59 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to meet with the principle parties involved and getting clear commitments from at least the PFBC. As far as BC Baits is concerned, was there any discussion on the fungus that killed the muskies they were holding?
Regardless, again, thank you for going and I hope to make it to the next meeting to hear more.

DL

DL

February 19, 2015
9:57 pm
Esoxhntr5m
Grantville, PA
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 683

Stoked!!!!!

~Figure 8 Em'~ >{{{{{{{{{}'>

February 20, 2015
3:41 am
Tom C
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 115

Awesome news to hear! Great to hear that Cabela's is still a go and there is a great game plan by the state regarding the species sharing the tank with the fish and their donation of the bait tank for the minnows. Thanks for attending Tom!

February 21, 2015
4:15 pm
CDeSignor
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 25

Awesome news! Great work Tom!

February 23, 2015
3:05 am
JustinB
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 281

Awesome!!!! Glad to hear things are moving in a more positive direction!

February 23, 2015
10:31 pm
EsoxProV
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 1148

Great news Tom! Thanks for pulling this together and posting the report!

Chad T

February 24, 2015
2:52 am
Jerkbaitjackbag
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 160

Have to agree with Sylvia.My first thought was its great to see the state so willing to create extra work for themselves in order to keep this going.To quote DL,kudos to the state.And double kudos to Tom.Well done!

March 6, 2015
1:18 am
chris164
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 1

Let me know how I can help? I can always apply pressure from my side of things too.

Chris Gatley

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 556
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
Pastor Salt, murphri1, mwjabra
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account