A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
2018 MI50 Muskie School Sunday June 3, 2018
April 20, 2018
8:41 am
Mike D
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1999
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

SPRING IS HERE!  Even without the Oaks Sportsmans Show, we've secured a number of student payments so far with (5) participants in the conventional and (3-4) from the Fly Fishing world so far with more to come.  We're very excited to be adding Fly Fishing to our muskie school offering.   Colin will be organizing the fly fishing students and instructors but all schools will be scheduled for Sunday June 3, 2018 at Marsh Creek.  If something comes up and students cannot make the 3rd, individual arrangements can be made with the instructor for another date or location. 

I'm hoping that we get a few more payments before June 3rd and it's time to start lining up volunteers.  As many of you know this is an annual fund raiser for buying muskies and also serves as a solid recruiting tool for new members. 

Please reply ASAP if you and your boat, spare gear, etc... for CONVENTIONAL Muskie School are available for June 3rd and mark it on your calendar.  

This is a great way to help the club and all you have to do is take a guy or gal fishing.  Thanks!

April 26, 2018
6:35 am
Mike D
Moderators

Update - At this point I expect to have at least 5-6 conventional muskie school students for June 3rd at Marsh Creek. So far I have one volunteer for trolling for an alternative day and me.  I realize it's 6 weeks away but we need to know we have instructors for June 3rd while we're accepting the $125 donations.  We need at least 5 more volunteers.  Thanks!  

May 1, 2018
7:33 am
MuskieChuck2
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Hey Mike I can do June 3rd if you still need guys.  Let me know. 

Chuck Jr

May 7, 2018
7:45 am
Mike D
Moderators

Volunteers for June 3rd Muskie School.  If you volunteered at the meeting and I forgot to list your name PLEASE respond.  We have 7 paid conventional students already and expect maybe one more. 

THANKS!!!!

INSTRUCTORS

Jesse Baumann 

Chuck Jones

Greg Ridge

Tom Sabia

Mike DiGuiseppe

Mark P.

Chad Theisfeld - MC or prefers Nock will troll 

Les Lyons (Trolling Nock first choice) 

May 7, 2018
11:46 am
Mark P
Fleetwood, PA
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 62

I am available

May 7, 2018
5:22 pm
Mike D
Moderators

Thanks Mark.  I knew there were more but I didn't write it down.  We're going to need everyone. We have 8 or 9 paid now...

May 8, 2018
7:33 am
EsoxProV
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 1148

Hey Mike,

Thanks for organizing this. I’m in and can help out per my PM. You have me listed twice in the instructor list, just a heads up.

Chad T

May 22, 2018
4:05 pm
Mike D
Moderators

AGENDA:      MI50 members and Boats arrive 6:30 a.m. to launch and set up

7:00 a.m.- 7:30 a.m.   Introductions, Club Information, Gear, Tools, Release

7:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.   Fishing, casting, lure types, retrieves, boat side maneuvers

1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.    Regroup, discussion, lunch and beverages provided lakeside

June 1, 2018
4:11 pm
Mike D
Moderators

Reminder to all instructors. Weather looks OK until almost 12:00 noon before heavier rain and chance of lightning :/

AGENDA:      MI50 members and Boats arrive 6:30 a.m. to launch and set up

7:00 a.m.- 7:30 a.m.   Introductions, Club Information, Gear, Tools, Release

7:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.   Fishing, casting, lure types, retrieves, boat side maneuvers

1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.    Regroup, discussion, lunch and beverages provided lakeside

June 1, 2018
11:07 pm
DeLisio09
Members
Forum Posts: 4

Mike, I just recently found out about this. If you need another boat/instructor I can be available. I’ll pm you as well.

Lexan DeLisio

June 4, 2018
3:02 pm
Mike D
Moderators

I want to thank everyone who volunteered for the Muskie School for 2018. Thanks to Tom, Greg, Chad, Jeff H., Jesse, Cory, Jeff K., Colin, Mark, Chuck & Les 

Highlights:

• 10 students including 3 Fly Fishing students for the first time!
    • Thanks to Colin for getting Fly School started in 2018 and it will only grow
  • The all day rain forecast stayed away but the clouds and heavy winds were ever present
  • After a long windy morning of fishing we met up at 1:00 for pizza and fish stories
  • Many anglers had follows but only two muskies were caught plus an 18" bass 
  • The two muskies included a 47"r by 5 time student Dr. John Massarro and a 40" by club member Chad Theisfeld
    • Special call out to instructor Greg Ridge who put his student on a great fish
  • The club took in $1,600 less appx. $200 for food, drinks and permit fee 
  • A fun day of fishing with the club netted us $1,400 or approximately 140 yearling muskies to be stocked somewhere near you
  • P.S., 3 or 4 students expressed interest in doing this again in the fall. $$$

Dr-John-47.JPGImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
June 4, 2018
4:28 pm
EsoxProV
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 1148

Mike,

Great job organizing this event. Thanks for all your hard work pulling this together. 

Thanks to Colin as well for organizing the Fly school...

Chad T

June 5, 2018
12:23 am
Les
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 272

Always great to see fish caught at the school event. Great job everyone. 

June 5, 2018
5:35 am
Clint
Palm, PA
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 116

Awesome!!!!!

Congrats to all!!°

June 5, 2018
5:19 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

Hey I can post to the Forum again!!!  But seriously folks, thanks to all the guys for taking the time and effort to put this on.  It only grows and the awareness it brings to others is priceless.  Congrats to those who saw and/or caught fish.  Thanks especially to Mike for organizing this.

DL

DL

June 5, 2018
5:56 pm
JesseB
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 264

Thanks Mike for your work organizing this, the clean up in April, etc.  It's great to see we'll have over 100 more girls swimming around E. PA in the next few years thanks to the efforts you put in for this day.

The bite was a little tough, but what a reward to have a student catch what will be one of the better muskies caught out of Marsh this year.  

June 6, 2018
5:41 pm
blkdrs
MI50 group

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2010

Thanks Mike, and everyone who helped with this years Musky School!  The money raised will have a big impact on our fall stocking efforts.  Great job everyone!

Thanks...Silvia

"The Wrecking Crew"

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 556
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
Pastor Salt, murphri1, mwjabra
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account