A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Annual MI50 Marsh Creek cleanup April 11, 2015
March 22, 2015
2:13 am
Tom C
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 115
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That time of year is here again. Time to do our annual cleanup of the trash and litter around the lake. I will bring this up at the April meeting.

[b]Date:[b]Saturday, April 11th, 2015
[b]Where: [b]Marsh Creek State Park
[b]Time: [b]7:00am-appx 10am[b]
Meeting: On the Conestoga road bridge[b]

We will meet on the Conestoga road bridge (weather permitting) at 7 am. I will bring "contractor" trash bags, but you can feel free to bring some of your own. You should also bring gloves and trash picking stick so you don't have to bend over as much to pick up the trash. We will split up into groups to tackle the different areas. The trash will be dropped off at either the boat rental garbage can area (east side) or by the Lyndell ramp trash can area (west side). Please don't leave them around the lake.

Please post if you plan on helping so I can get an idea of how many of us will be there. Thanks!! 8) Tom

Hopefully the lake will be ice free by then so we can fish after picking up the trash.

March 23, 2015
1:23 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

Tom,

I plan to help again this year. It is always something worthwhile and, provided we have enough help, does not take too long to do. Thanks for organizing this.

DL

DL

March 23, 2015
5:21 pm
Mike D
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1999

I'll be there.

Thanks for organizing this Tom

March 23, 2015
8:57 pm
JustinB
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 281

I'd be out but I'm on all that weekend for work 🙁

March 27, 2015
12:31 am
Tom C
MI50 group

That time of year is here again. Time to do our annual cleanup of the trash and litter around the lake. I will bring this up at the April meeting.

Date:Saturday, April 11th, 2015
Where: Marsh Creek State Park
Time: 7:00am-appx 10am
Meeting: On the Conestoga road bridge

We will meet on the Conestoga road bridge (weather permitting) at 7 am. I will bring "contractor" trash bags, but you can feel free to bring some of your own. You should also bring gloves and trash picking stick so you don't have to bend over as much to pick up the trash. We will split up into groups to tackle the different areas. The trash will be dropped off at either the boat rental garbage can area (east side) or by the Lyndell ramp trash can area (west side). Please don't leave them around the lake.

Please post if you plan on helping so I can get an idea of how many of us will be there. Thanks!! Tom

Hopefully the lake will be ice free by then so we can fish after picking up the trash.

April 5, 2015
2:28 pm
Minnesota Mark
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2

I plan on being there. This is the first year, I haven't had to work that day, so I'm looking forward to getting out and helping.

April 6, 2015
10:52 pm
Tom C
MI50 group

Date:Saturday, April 11th, 2015
Where: Marsh Creek State Park
Time: 7:00am-appx 10am
Meeting: On the Conestoga road bridge

Please post if you plan on helping so I can get an idea of how many of us will be there. Thanks!! Tom 8)

April 8, 2015
10:55 am
Mike D
Moderators

Reconfirming that I'll be there and bumping this to the top. See you there Tom.

April 9, 2015
1:26 am
Tom C
MI50 group

Yessir..see you there and hopefully some other folks as well.

April 9, 2015
6:04 pm
Esoxhntr5m
Grantville, PA
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 683

I will be attending if anyone wants to save on postage for the spring fling I can take forms. Thanks Tom for organizing this! See Ya'll Saturday! 8) -Treigh- Figure 8 Em'

~Figure 8 Em'~ >{{{{{{{{{}'>

April 10, 2015
3:16 pm
Mike D
Moderators

Besides a trash stick, wear your waterproof boots folks. The majority of the trash is within 10' of the water and it's going to be very swampy. See ya at
7:00

April 13, 2015
1:55 am
Tom C
MI50 group

Just wanted to give a big thank you to the crew that helped with the cleanup on Saturday! It was a beautiful day (though a bit windy) and we got lots of trash picked up. Thanks! 8)

April 13, 2015
2:52 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

Tom,

Again, thanks for organizing this and to everyone who showed. It was good to get out and enjoy a morning in the sun. I don't know about the others who attended but I did not get as much trash this year, along my section, as I have in the past. There was still plenty but not as much. Perhaps people are being a bit more trash conscious.

DL

DL

April 13, 2015
3:07 pm
Twinkle-Toes
Members
Forum Posts: 557

Right there with you DL. Alex and I covered a lot of ground to fill just about 3 bags. Way less trash than ghe past years in my opinion.

Dreaming of muskies in Cali....

April 13, 2015
6:14 pm
Mike D
Moderators

Thanks for organizing Tom and everyone else who helped out. My son Christopher and I had about 3/4 of a bag each and to no surprise, most of that came from the bridge area. Tom and I and Cory and Alex fished but no action.

April 14, 2015
2:54 am
T_Musky
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 1499

Nice job guys, good job taking care of MC Lake

Team MTF

April 14, 2015
3:05 am
blkdrs
MI50 group

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2010

Thanks for organizing Tom and to everyone who helped out! The Musky Gods should have been shining down on you for your great efforts ! 😉 I'm sure there will be more cooperation from the skies soon.

"The Wrecking Crew"

April 15, 2015
3:27 am
Tom C
MI50 group

I must say I agree with everyone else. I did the same area as last year and I only got one bag this year. Last year I got two. Hopefully folks are becoming a little more conscious.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 556
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
Pastor Salt, murphri1, mwjabra
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account