2013 was a great year to be apart of MI50. Our organization had some terrific accomplishments and we’ve continued our mission of improving our local fishery for generations to come. Our members worked hard this past year and below are a few of the key milestones we’ve enjoyed together:
- Participated in the Greater Philadelphia Oaks show promoting our organization while a portion of our proceeds was donated to the Susan Komen foundation.
- Hosted an amazing Online Lure auction where MI50 raised money to purchase Advanced Pure Muskies for stocking our local waters.
- Spring Fling Muskie & the King or Queen of the Marsh Muskie Tournaments
- MI50 was awarded $2500 from the Hugh Becker Foundation which was used to stock Nockamixon with Advanced Pure Muskie
- $10,000 was spent by MI50 in 2013 for stocking Advanced Pure Muskie in our local rivers and lakes.
- The Cabela’s Co-Op continues to be a successful program. We stocked our local waters with some amazing Pure Muskies.
- Our stocking assets continue to advance with the addition of our “MTF” stocking bladder.
- MI50 was awarded a grant from the PFBC which will be used from a new stocking bladder with oxygen.
- Our relationships with the PA & NJ biologists continue to strengthen thanks to our Stocking Director and State Liaison.
- The MI50 Muskie School experienced another successful year with 12 students learning the proper techniques of muskie fishing from our experienced members.
- One of the most rewarding days is always our annual Kid’s Day event at the Nockamixon pond. Teaching fishing to our next generation is as real as it gets.
Chad Theesfeld- MI50 President