A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
20,000 gallon tank
June 24, 2004
3:13 pm
Guests

My companny just had to buy a 20,000 gallon tank/pool to set up a temporary irrigation system for one of the farms we lease. We'll be conducting pump tests on the farm in Hunterdon County, NJ through the second week of July and then my boss is stuck with the tank. I asked him what we're going to do with hit and he said he typically puts them up to bid for a week or so and then donates them just to get rid of them. I mentioned that our club might have a use for the tank and he was open to ideas. I could probably get it for free if we had a use.

I know there was some discussion a few meetings back about finding a small piece of land for some minnow runs. I thought we might even be able to get a load of fingerlings in the tank to manage ourselves and release where we wanted and at what size we wanted. (Is that legal?) Or we could raise our own minnows to donate to the hatchery, less exciting but still might help. Or maybe one of the hatcheries has a use for it.

Lightbulbs just started going on left and right. Let me know what you think.

Matt

June 24, 2004
6:30 pm
Guests

Archie,

It's not on-site yet but I have a few calls into the seller about the specs. My boss is now talking about renting the tank from the company though which probably does make more sence for him. I'm trying to persuade him to buy it anyway. I'll post again with the details.

Matt

June 26, 2004
12:05 pm
Guests

matt maybe its possible to donate it to a non profit organization like us for a tax right off??

June 26, 2004
2:33 pm
Guests

Matt,i do not think muskie fingerlings is an option for us.Also it would be better to help Pa's muskie program succeed then try to bypass what they are doing.Minnows continue to be top on my list.If we can make Pa's fingerlings work it will be a win win all around.Bob

June 28, 2004
2:20 pm
Guests

If I can get it donated, where would we put it? If PA or NJ could use it, it might be easier to give to them. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to raise minnows once it was set up.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 556
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
Pastor Salt, murphri1, mwjabra
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account