A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Farewell and best of luck to all of you in 2005!
February 4, 2005
2:19 am
Guests

Hello everyone!

I have just received a major promotion in my career, and I have just accepted the Store Manager position of the brand new Gander Mountain store going up in Dayton, Ohio. I will be moving there around March 1st, 2005. I want to thank all of you for your feedback, and friendships, and I wish all of you the best of luck with the club, and your own personal fishing exploits in 2005. I will keep my personal web site up and running, and if any of you have any musky fishing questions I can answer in the future, please feel free to either e-mail me, or leave a message on my Fishing Reports board. Thanks again for everything, and please continue to push for higher size limits and proper release practices in this area. The fishery around here is very good indeed, yet it is also very fragile (especially the West Branch of the Susquehanna) since that has no stocking program currently in place.

Regarding my fishing opportunities around Dayton, they will be very limited at best. I will be fishing the lakes of eastern Ohio (Leesville, Salt Fork, etc) along with Lake St. Clair in Michigan. Cave Run Lake in Kentucky is also a short drive away, and I plan on exploring that body of water, too. Take care and good luck to all!

Sincerely,

Tom Dietz
http://www.tomdietz.com

February 4, 2005
3:17 am
Guests

Tom,congratulations on your promotion, but i am sorry to see you go.I have enjoyed your imput on the board and will miss it.Thanks for everything and keep in touch.If theres ever anything we can do for you let us now.Check into the board when you can.I fish the cave and chautauqua if you would like to get together sometime{i can post my trips on the board}.I think they will be fairly close to you.Thanks again,Bob Jones

February 4, 2005
8:26 am
Guests

Hey Tom.

Congratulations with your new job! I was looking forward to meeting you in the near future but unless I get to Dayton area, I guess that's not going to happen. Anyway, best of luck to you and your family.

and always... Tight Lines, Al B.

February 4, 2005
11:57 am
Guests

Congratulations on your promotion and good luck to you in 2005 as well!

February 4, 2005
3:58 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Tom,

Congrats on the promotion and the increased headaches that come with it!! 😛 But I'm sorry we're losing a dedicated angler and conservationist in the process. Best of luck!!!

DL

DL

February 5, 2005
4:10 am
Guests

Thank you for all of your kind responses! I plan on coming back here next summer to fish for a few long weekends with my friends from the store, so if I do, I will let you know how the musky fishing goes. Have a great night, and take care,

February 5, 2005
4:14 am
cdnordquist
Members
Forum Posts: 225
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Tom,

Good luck with Dayton. I was considering a job there and did a little muskie research about the area four years ago.

They do stock Cowan Lake with muskies, but survival (or at least creel returns) weren't great compared to the other Ohio lakes. More recently, I heard that they started stocking Caesar Creek Lake (I think that was the name), which is even closer to Dayton. My understanding is that some of the small streams in the area have muskies in them as well, especially below the stocked reservoirs. Any of these may work for an evening trip from Dayton.

Check out: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wil.....icle04.htm

You have to wonder if there's a few piggies in the Ohio River, too. There might be something just over the border in Indiana, too.

Chris

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 558
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
BrendanSorry, kennethneiman66@gmail.com, Pastor Salt
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account