A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Meeting Minutes - May 4, 2005
May 9, 2005
3:36 am
bigdriverguide
Members
Forum Posts: 908
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sorry for the delay in posting these minutes.

Muskies Inc. Chapter 50 monthly meeting held this month @ Morrone's Tavern in King of Prussia, PA @ 7:30 PM

13 Members present

· Master’s Division – Greg, Archie, Chuck & Matt – the rest of us are mere mortals

· Float Stocking – all members should set aside a vacation day so that we can respond to requests from the state

· State will let us know when the holdovers (tigers-12") will be ready to stock

· Chapter 22 tournament is June 18, Bob has registration forms – Greenwood, Echo & Monksville are the lakes to fish

· Tournament is on for May 21 – all members must sign the insurance release forms

· Can Archie post insurance release form on our web site for our members?

· Gatley trip will be auctioned in the public domain part of our website, starting price of $100. - $20. increments – Greg will start a thread

· Stowmaster net was generously donated by Matt Larson as the grand prize for the club tournament

· Symposium discussion – Committee of 4, Bob, Archie, Steve, Dieter – Pros(benefits to the club), Cons (alternate uses for the money used), Costs, etc. – results of the research will be posted in a conversation string prior to the next meeting

· At the next meeting, a vote will be taken on the Symposium, majority rules

· Lengthy discussion on float stocking

· Creel limit, length limit discussion

· Treasurer’s report - $4,100. (bank statement not available)

· No Muskies stocked in Kaercher Creek this year – what the?!?!?!

· Lure raffle – Warner Bait (Chuck), Joker (Steve), Sledge (Barry), Ducktail Spinner Bait (Tom L.), Poes Awaker (Tom L.) - $65. for the club treasury

Capt. Dieter Scheel    http://www.BigDRiverGuide.com

May 9, 2005
12:42 pm
Musky Ed
Members
Forum Posts: 1038

Will the forms have to be signed in advance of the tournament? Or can we sign them at the lake? And may we pay the $20 fee at the lake? So many questions! Sounds like it was a good meeting. Was the location acceptable? I finished refurbishing my trailer. The boat is back on it and I'm ready to Musky Hunt!

<<<<><<< Ed

Hooksets are free!!!

May 9, 2005
11:15 pm
bsurkin
Members
Forum Posts: 1050

Dave I guess we should have to list the opening balance per the monthly statement, then any income or expenditures, and then the final balance. I know you didn't have a new statement, but just bringing the latest one would probably suffice.
Barry

We may only see what we look for.

May 9, 2005
11:41 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

Hey,

I'm not adverse to doing a simple Excel spreadsheet every month showing the In and Out of the cash flow. The only problem is the delay in getting exact deposit figures. As a method of ensuring the seperation of powers and accountability, I don't touch the money. Bob and/or Chuck make the deposits and I hold the checkbook. Bob gives me whatever deposit slips he has at the meetings and I, in turn, enter those figures, bring the balances forward and then, usually AFTER our meetings, I receive the statement from the bank. At which time I balance said statement. If there are checks issued during the month and don't clear (such as people holding them for an extended time) then the actual balance in the checkbook is not going to match the statement.
You guys tell me what you want to see and I'll make sure its provided.

DL

DL

May 10, 2005
3:15 am
Guests

Nice job Deiter.Regarding the holdovers.I think the hatchery fills the orders placed by the biologist.At the end,if theres any left,they are held over and stocked in the spring.As far as the account stuff?I'd entertain any thoughts and ideas on that and maybe the number guys can come up with something.I dont think it should be in the public forum area,but maybe a seperate are just for our members???Something to work on.Also,Bill Fick at Cabelas has offered us their meeting room at no charge.Members who show for the meeting will get 10% off any purchases that night.My question is how many guys would we gain and how many guys would we loose??Please respond if we would gain you or loose you.Thanks,Bob Jones

May 10, 2005
4:00 am
bigdriverguide
Members
Forum Posts: 908

Bob,
The Cabela's idea is a good one. Some of us "southerners" would be driving quite a distance (Tom Long and the South Jersey guys, etc.) but some others would be closer to their homes.
I would suggest using the Cabela's room in Jan. or Feb. on a Saturday morning, rather than for a normal Wednesday night meeting. It would give us more time to shop, have lunch, etc.. This is just an idea.

Capt. Dieter Scheel    http://www.BigDRiverGuide.com

May 10, 2005
4:10 am
bsurkin
Members
Forum Posts: 1050

It's very far away for a meeting. If we would have a meeting, then go to Kaercher, it might make it more worthwhile. But just for a meeting, I would say no.
Barry

We may only see what we look for.

May 10, 2005
6:22 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

Hey Arch,

Ok, I'll look for the e-mail.

DL

DL

May 11, 2005
3:31 am
Musky Ed
Members

Cabela's where? And some of you are complaining about distance?!?! 😮

<<<<><<< Ed

Still no answers to if we can pay at the lake and sign the forms there!!! :-

Hooksets are free!!!

May 11, 2005
5:02 am
Guests

Ed
We will meet at 7:00 am at Pine Run ramp and pay and sign there if we can't do it online my # is 6106563960 call me if you or any one has some ?s.. Tom

May 11, 2005
10:51 am
Musky Ed
Members

Thank you. I'll have to give you a holler. Not sure when, as I'm getting out of state company tonight.

<<<<><<< Ed

May 11, 2005
10:54 pm
Guests

I'd do Cabela's on a weekend morning. The drive would be too far for me on a weeknight though.

Matt

May 12, 2005
3:47 am
esoxpress
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 357

I assume you guys are talking about Hamburg. I'd have to say that it would be really tough for me to get there. Maybe every other meeting or something depending on the work schedule.

As far as the bank statement issue goes- My bank has online account access at no charge. It's not on-line banking for writing checks and such, but you can print a real-time statement at any time. At the bare minimum I'm sure there is an 800 customer service phone number that can give current balance, debit, and credit info. A quick balance of outstanding checks and deposits would provide an accurate account balance at the time of each meeting.'

I'm certainly not criticizing, just offering a few suggestions. If I can help- let me know. -Eric

PS- Hey Arch, I got quite a few laughs from you talking about holdover 12" tigers vs. "weenie" sized fish. That unit of measure sure leaves a lot of room for individual interpretation! -HaHa

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 558
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
BrendanSorry, kennethneiman66@gmail.com, Pastor Salt
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account