A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
Muskie school guide for a day Fall 2005
March 29, 2005
9:51 pm
Guests

I will try that again The muskie school guide for a day flyers are in the Library now. Any members that visit any of the local tackle shops Etc.. take a few copies with you the next time you go and ask the owner if its ok to hang up in their store. The guide for a day is schedueled for September 17or18 Just happens to land on the full moon period. So be prepaired for big things to happen. The guide for a day Includes a full day fishing on the water with our most experienced members, learn fall muskie tactics. You'll also learn proper catch and safe release methods. Learn casting, trolling or both for the lake or river of your choice? If youve never caught a Muskie but always wanted to learn this school will give you the basics to get started and turn that learning curve in your favor. All proceeds go back to the muskie fishery to better the local muskie waters. For more information see the Library for the flyer. <<<<><<< Musky Matt L

March 29, 2005
10:06 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey Matt,

Allow me to be the first to thank you for your efforts on this. I'm sure it will be well received by both the membership and any novice that may see it posted in the local tackle shops. Thanks again.

DL

DL

April 1, 2005
4:09 pm
Guests

I spoke with Ken Gordon of Gordon's, near Marsh Creek, yesterday.
He's agreed to display some flyers in the shop.
I'll be dropping them off later this afternoon.

I've also posted a few in the student lounge of Penn State Great Valley, where I take classes. There's a lot of foot traffic through there.

Steve

April 1, 2005
6:12 pm
bsurkin
Members
Forum Posts: 1050

Good thinking and good job Steve! Let's see how many people we can sign up!
Barry

We may only see what we look for.

April 1, 2005
11:14 pm
Guests

Grim
I posted signs in Gordons one each door I didn't get Lyndell yet . Tom

April 2, 2005
1:05 am
Guests

Aahh so you're the unsung hero.
I showed up there this afternoon and saw it as I was walking in.
I thanked Ken.

Tom -- not sure if the Lyndell store is open?
I'll see what's going on this weekend.

April 2, 2005
1:20 am
Guests

Ken
I don't know for sure but 4/1 was what I heard n0 Tigers yet ? The more I learn the tougher Marsh seems to get. Tom

April 6, 2005
10:24 pm
Guests

Somebody asked me today if the "donation" for the MI Muskie School is considered tax-deductable.
I told him I doubted it, but I'd check.
Any CPAs out there?

thanks,

Steve

sjg

April 6, 2005
11:17 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

Hey,

I believe, since we are a non-profit organization, that anything we would do to raise money should be tax deductable but I will have to check that out. It would be a bit more clear if the donation was simply that, a donation, and not money in exchange for a service.

DL

DL

April 7, 2005
12:08 am
bsurkin
Members
Forum Posts: 1050

I'm not sure, but I think the IRS cracked down on the service thing a few years back. Now when you make a donation to your church you will normally see a statement that no products or services were rendered from this donation.
It would be a good thing to check, but #1 we are not a registered non-profit organization (donations would have to go to MI corporate), and #2 we are offering a service or product.
Barry

We may only see what we look for.

April 7, 2005
5:28 pm
Guests

Thanks Barry...that's sort of what I figured. DL --if you're able to confirm, great, if not don't sweat it. I told the guy to talk to an accountant. I am absolutely the furthest thing from a Tax Guru ...

April 8, 2005
12:58 am
fishkopp
Palmer twp
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 68

Hey guys welcome to the wonerfull world of fund raising . O0 

1st The tackleshop thing sometimes gets you a student or 2 but most of the time doesn't help that much,unless someone is giving somekind of seminar or other public speaking of some sorts.

2 -Your brothers over in Jersey have found the following to work the best . A newspaper article about muskies and muskie fishing and at the end of it you offer the muskie school and dates . Most local outdoor writers jump on the chance to write and article about something like this .

3- what we did this year, is we managed to get an article put in the fish & game regulation phamplet. They did it for free because we donate money to the hatchery for fish rearing . You have to start thinking about doing that now for next years muskie school .

4 you can also ask the tackle shops to buy a seat and rafle it off for  there good customers [&]]

We've been doing this stuff for years guys and you're  welcome to pick are  brains at any time'  though they might be  a little small .

Mike k.

Let'em Go and Let'em Grow

April 8, 2005
2:45 am
Guests

Thanks Mike.All good info,some we have in the works already but it always good to take advise from the more experienced.Thanks again and see you soon.Bob

April 8, 2005
4:24 am
fishkopp
Palmer twp
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 68

Hey Bob

You can't believe how many people are responding to the fish digest add , I'm sure we'll get some overflow and maybe chuck can give them your numbers for the fall . [[%&]]

I'll see you on the water

Mike

Let'em Go and Let'em Grow

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 558
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
BrendanSorry, kennethneiman66@gmail.com, Pastor Salt
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account