A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
2020 MI50 Auction Results
May 19, 2020
6:22 am
Mike D
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1999
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This was a year of many firsts. I'd like to give an enormous THANK YOU! to Silvia Spitzer for running our auction for as long as I can remember, 10 years or more.  Silvia put the MI50 Auction on the map nationally over the years obtaining incredible donations and making many donations of her own.  Silvia was instrumental in raising funds for our club that put the musky in our waters that we are all catching today.  Please send a Thank You to Silvia!

2020 was the first year Silvia did not run the auction and the first year we ran it on Face Book.  We obtained donations from many builders and a few MI50 members but we had far fewer baits to offer than last year.  Overall I'd call the Auction a success with many "first time lessons learned" along the way. I feel confident that 2021's Auction will be even better.

MI Auction Fundraiser-

1) Good Auction on Facebook- raised a total of $2,570

2) We only had 27 Bait Lots vs 54 Bait Lots Last Year 

- Due to COVID19 economics and restrictions we did not offer any guided trip auctions

3) 2019 (54) baits brought an avg of $72 /lot on our site MI50.com 

-2020 Facebook results generated an average of $95/lot!

- Average per lot up 24% vs. last year

4) If we can regain the Guide Auction revenue later this year, we may add an additional $500-$1,000 TBD

May 19, 2020
9:25 am
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thanks for the update Mike.  Unfortunately, I was not able to participate in the Facebook auction and, I'm sure, missed out on a number of baits I would have loved to bid on.  Thanks to all who bid and bought the baits available and the money will go to a good cause.

My hat, as always, goes off to Silvia who has been instrumental in so many aspects of the club's success over the years and especially the annual auction.  Hopefully you are off having a banner spring musky season and continue to be a part of this great organization.

DL

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 556
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5515
Newest Members:
Pastor Salt, murphri1, mwjabra
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account