A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
MI50 Marsh Creek Clean Up April 5,2014
January 27, 2014
1:45 pm
Mike D
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1999
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Never too early to plan. I'll mention this at Feb and March meetings as well as repost reminders as the date gets closer.
Never too early to plan and get this on your calendars. I'll reconfirm date as weather/Spring progresses.

When: Sat. April 5, 2014
Where: Marsh Creek State Park
Time: 7:00 a.m. - Appx. 10:00 a.m.
Meeting: Meet at the Conestoga Road Bridge

Supplies: I will have some bags there but feel free to bring 1 or 2 heavy duty garbage bags, bring gloves and a trash poking stick or home depot sells them with a pick up device. This will make it easier on your back and some of the stuff you'll find is disgusting

Drop Off: We will need to drop off the trash bags at either the boat rental garbage can area (east side) or by the Lyndell Ramp trash can area (west side). Please do not just leave them around the lake.

Authorization:This event is logged and approved by the MC Park Offices. Jim Wassall is the park manager. Lisa Miller is the volunteer event
coordinator and she is also aware of our clean up. Lisa has my cell phone number if there are any concerns.

See everyone there Sat at 7:00 a.m.

P.S. Many of us are bringing boats and will be able to take some guys out if you dont have a boat.

Thanks
Mike D

March 10, 2014
4:12 pm
Mike D
Moderators

Marsh Creek Clean Up date changed to Sat April 5, 2014

As the date gets closer I'll post reminders

I'll also be posting on EPFR and Gordon's sites looking for assistance and to foster a cooperative effort with other fisherman

March 10, 2014
5:08 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

As stated, on a different thread, I'll be there again this year. Hopefully the April 5 date is solid because I'm out of town for the next three weekends. Thanks for coordinating this Mike.

DL

DL

March 25, 2014
11:01 pm
Mike D
Moderators

Bump to the top. We need volunteers. Please reply

Thanks
Mike

March 26, 2014
4:10 pm
Tom Sabia
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 902

I'm am in.

March 26, 2014
11:56 pm
Tom C
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 115

I will be there. Hopefully it will be ice-free by then so we can get our boats in and do some fishing! ;D

March 27, 2014
11:17 am
Mike D
Moderators

Bump to the top. Please volunteer to help out at the Marsh Creek CLean Up.

Thanks

March 27, 2014
6:19 pm
Mike D
Moderators

I've posted this on EPFR and will be adding to Gordons as well. Please post if you can help on Sat April 5th

March 31, 2014
8:04 pm
Mike D
Moderators

So far we have 3 volunteers. can anyone else help on Sat from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.?

1) Tom Sabia
2) DL
3) Yakman

Temp in the 60's
Partly Sunny
Moonrise 10:46 a.m.

April 1, 2014
12:23 am
Peacock1974
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 337

I have a tourney Sat, if it falls through, I'll be there.

Tourney location changed to a place I don't feel like going. I'm in.

220...., 221...., Whatever it takes.

April 3, 2014
11:24 pm
Mike D
Moderators

So far we have 7 volunteers. Thank you to everyone who can help out Sat from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

1) Kevin
2) Dick
3) DL
4) Yakman (Tom)
5) Jeff
6) Greg
7) Peacock (maybe)

Air Temps in the 60's
Partly Sunny
Moonrise 10:46 a.m.

* The tigers should be cruising slowly around the shallows with that lost look on their faces ???

April 5, 2014
3:16 am
MrBubbles
Members
Forum Posts: 14

Hey guys, Sorry for the late notice but I'm coming!!!! I'll see you bright and early. I don't have a boat so I hope i can hitch a ride.

Team MTF

April 6, 2014
10:28 pm
klerch
Members
Forum Posts: 193

For those that helped with the clean-up, would you please post how many bags of trash you gathered. I'd like to let the Marsh Creek office know how much we picked up. Tom and I got 5 bags from the picnic area.

Kevin Lerch
Stocking Director

April 6, 2014
11:42 pm
Peacock1974
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 337

I did 1.5 contractor bags, #1 was stuffed to the max, AJ had two or 3 small bags filled up. We did the bridge area, then Lyndell launch point, parking areas and overflow lot.

220...., 221...., Whatever it takes.

April 7, 2014
12:38 am
Mike D
Moderators

Did anyone get any pictures? Archie would like to post some info and pics on the web page once he gets some info on what was done. Thanks to everyone who helped out yesterday!!!

April 7, 2014
2:49 pm
DL
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2213

Hey,

Sorry for the late in put. I got two bags and a section of carpet. I started at the Park Office and worked my way up that side. I found a suspicious looking skeleton of a buck that had mysteriously lost his antlers! I also found, in the same general area, the skeleton of a buzzard. I should have reported the buck but did not think the park office was open.
I then worked back to the dumpsters and went along the water's edge down to the picnic tables at the point of Carpenter's? Cove. It is truly disgusting that people throw dirty disposable diapers out in the woods. Anyway, I think we did another fine job and it was a good morning weatherwise to be out. I hope Tom and his buddy had luck out on the water because that wind certainly made it treacherous!

DL

DL

April 7, 2014
11:44 pm
Tom Sabia
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 902

I did the area from the Lyndell launch all the way around Muskie point and down around that next bay. I must say, there was not all that much trash. We only filled two bags. One thing I did find interesting was that people are considerate enough to use bags for dog crap but then they just throw the bag in the weeds. ??? And it wasn't just one!
I fished for a few hours after the cleanup and did not see a living thing. I think those feakin' bass are eating all of the muskie! We need to do something about this….! ;D

April 15, 2014
3:38 am
jsh159
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 70

1 full contractors bag

Nice work on the clean up, goes a long way

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 556
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
Pastor Salt, murphri1, mwjabra
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account