A A A

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Meeting Minutes, Club Chit-Chat, and Fishing Reports will be listed if you are a member of Chapter 50. If you are a member, and you cannot see the reports after logging in, please use the contact form by selecting the floating envelope icon located in the bottom-right corner. Include your name and your Chapter 50 membership number. We will verify, and grant you special rights to view all. Alternatively, you may email us at muskiesincpennjersey @ gmail .

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_TopicIcon
2014 Launch of new Website
December 7, 2013
9:35 pm
Archie
MI50 group

Moderators
Forum Posts: 475
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

First, thank you, Seb, for the tremendous job of maintaining the website and the Message board for all these years. I'm happy to take over the site, and plan on implementing a new content-driven site; however, this requires content in the form of articles (either written by a few different users or cut/paste assuming the source doesn't mind lol ). Other content could come in the form of user-submitted photos, videos, and feeds from different sources (twitter/facebook/etc). The fresh content will hopefully keep people in touch with us and perhaps gain some interest. The site should be extremely Search Engine friendly - for example, people googling muskie fishing on Lake Nockamixon will hopefully land on our site because we have articles on it.
So here is what I need:
-A few people that think they can write articles. The idea being that we inform, educate and promote. Chad will be submitting a Presidents article from time to time, and I certainly can cut and paste with the best of them.
-Ideas for the website. While the framework of the site is complete, it's design permits for different sections (ideas) to be added without a major design change.
In the end, hopefully, we will have a site that is dynamic and easy to maintain. We shall see...
Feel free to PM me.
-Arch

CATCH PHOTO RELEASE
December 8, 2013
3:03 am
Mike D
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1999

Thanks Seb and Thanks Archie.

I think a DIY section would be good. We have a few guys on the site who make plugs for muskie but also make wood or plastic biats for other FW and SW species. Also making you own leaders would be a good DIY article.

December 8, 2013
3:46 am
Asingua
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 2219

Thanks Seb, for all the positive work you've put into this site, it has been greatly appreciated! And now, on to the challenge ahead for Archie!
As I'll be retiring soon from the PO, I'd be willing to help out in anyway possible...I'll certainly have the time!
Should be an interesting "highway" ahead... Looking forward to it!

Sometimes you've got to "jiggle' it, and sometimes you've got to give it one big
"jerk"
         TEAM BLACKBERRY

December 8, 2013
7:17 pm
lennyg3
MI50 group
Forum Posts: 227

This is great! Excited to get more traffic/interest on the board!

G3 HP180-225 Merc Optimax Jet

December 9, 2013
3:45 am
blkdrs
MI50 group

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2010

I would also like to thank Seb for all the years of great work he's done with the Website. Archie, thanks for picking this up & look forwards to the new ideas being implemented on the site.

Thanks!

"The Wrecking Crew"

February 7, 2014
4:52 pm
Archie
MI50 group

Moderators
Forum Posts: 475

The new site is now live. Thank you for your suggestions.
After registering an account (select login button, then create an account), you can:
-You can upload your own pictures - they will appear on the home page in addition to the gallery
-You can upload a video link to your youtube video
-After some training, create articles for the site

The search button is huge, and as we produce more articles with information that seems to be scattered all over, we will be able to find info quickly.
(now working on an article that has all of the PA stocking info similar to the NJ summary that is already there)
If you would like to see anything immediately - PM me the idea or link)
Hope you enjoy. There will be more pieces and site tweaks to come
Please PM me with any website issues or ideas.

-Archie

CATCH PHOTO RELEASE
February 7, 2014
5:37 pm
blkdrs
MI50 group

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2010

Hey Archie,

Initial drive through on the new site, looks amazing. Great job & thanks for your work on this hugh upgrade!

"The Wrecking Crew"

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 287
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 0
Members: 556
Moderators: 3
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 7
Forums: 42
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
Pastor Salt, murphri1, mwjabra
Moderators: blkdrs: 2010, Mike D: 1999, Archie: 475
Administrators: adminarchie: 13, mi50 webmaster: 0

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 MUSKIES INC Chapter 50 Penn Jersey

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account